Window Film for New Builds, Refurbishment and Property Developers
When working on a renovation, refurbishment or new build project that requires a commercial understanding of how window film can benefit a retail building, the expected energy cost-savings, key health and safety aspects and the types, grades and textures of film available, you need to speak to an experienced consultant who can guide you.
- Are you specifying a technical solution for a new commercial property development?
- Do you need professional input for a retail refurbishment project that includes window film solutions?
- Are you tendering for a new property development within a commercial retail park or shopping precinct?
- Are you a bursar tasked with upgrading or extending a school, college or university and need to implement energy-saving or temperature-control measures to protect your teachers and students?
- Do you need to implement climate governance or reduce your carbon-footprint on buildings maintenance?
- Does your retail new build require a high level of security or bomb-proof protection for your windows?
- Does your residential home, care home or rental block require inexpensive protection from solar heat or energy?
Which Window Film Should You Choose?
Prism help commercial new-build property developers and refurbishment companies choose the right window film for the project and environment they are working on. This can be challenging as specifiers have a list of priorities that they must accomplish, when working at the conceptual or design phase.
When contacting us, many specifiers already know the benefits that window film offers but need further guidance on which type, category or strength to use for their own commercial clients.
Window Film Installation Case Studies
Explore the various projects that Prism have completed, to understand the different types of film available and the benefits that installation will bring your company:
|Commercial Client Case Study||Type of Window Film Installed||Internal or External Film?|
|Canada Life Insurance||7 Mil Safety Security Film||Internal|
|St Johns CoE Primary School||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|The National Audit Office||7 Mil Safety Security film||Internal|
|Vehicle Licence Bureau||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|Playground Games||Sterling 50 Solar Film, Frosted Opaque Film and Graphical Film||Internal|
|John Clements Sports and Community Centre||7 Mil Safety Security Film and External OSW Version||Both|
|Brayley’s Renault Mazda Car Showroom||Silver 20 OSW Solar Film||External|
|Sealed Air||Silver 20 OSW Solar Film||External|
Working with Building Contractors and New-Build Property Developers
Our relationships with specifiers, building contractors and new-build developers is important, as we’re often invited to assist before a project is signed off. Keeping regular contact and knowing at what stage all members of the team are at during a project is how we’re remembered as a window film solutions provider. We’re available to answer questions and help solve project-related challenges as and when they come up.
Most of all, it’s our emphasis on providing a professional service that puts the needs of clients at the top of our priority list.
Working with Facilities Management Companies (FMC’s)
When Facilities Management Companies contact us, they normally already have a specification to tender in place, derived from their communication with project architects and specifiers at the design or conceptual stage.
At this stage, they need insights and proven project experience to help them:
- Improve the specification so that the right questions are asked about window film before project work begins, including health and safety compliance considerations
- Ensure that the most appropriate materials for the new development are used, from a technical, proof-of-concept and installation perspective
- Prove to their own client that we’re the best window film company to provide the solutions they need, by providing assurances that we will carry out the works correctly, confidently, safely and within the budgets and timeframes required
Working with Internal Architectural Staff
When working with commercial property developers, renovators and new-build designers, we’ve found that they often have their own architects and specifiers in place who we communicate with, at the outset of a new project – an example of this is our work with Tesco Stores throughout the UK, who recommend us, as their consultant, to speak to the property developer or construction company that are delivering their project.
Cranfield University, Bedfordshire – New Greenhouse Build
2 sectional parts on the front of this experimental greenhouse were used as an office and collection of research data. As the entire building structure was glass, the office area was suffering from extreme heat, which distorted affected IT equipment and data and became unworkable for staff. To address this challenge, Cranfield University commissioned Prism to install Silver 20 solar window film.
Once the film was applied, there was a measureable decrease in heat, which enabled staff to work in a temperature-stable environment and the computer equipment to function without fear of over-heating.
Next Steps – Discussing Your Requirements with Prism
During our initial consultation, we will discuss:
- The different types of window film that are available, such as;
- The colour schemes and patterns that are required to match the aesthetics of the commercial building, either internally or externally
- The benefits that they are trying to achieve for their client, such as reducing heat gain or solar glare, one-way privacy or anti-blast protection
- Health and safety compliance and any concerns that they may have
We will then discuss the type of decoration and texture that matches the existing (or new) window frames, doors, frames and mullions – we never leave a stone unturned in helping you fulfil your project requirements.
Ready to discuss which window film is most appropriate for your project? Contact us.
If you’re ready to set up an appointment for Prism to conduct a free site-survey, we can provide case study examples and a swatch-book of patterns and designs for you to choose from.
Why Choose Prism as Window Film Company?
Prism have worked with a selection of architects, specifiers and facilities management companies including Mitie, Stace, One Facility, Tesco Property, Ashe Construction, Hospitals Trust FM, Help FM and Bowmer and Kirkland.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- All installations use the worlds-leading window film manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and commercial testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.