Located in Chelmsford, Essex, St Johns Church of England Primary School, commissioned Prism Protection to replace their disintegrating window film, which had been unnecessarily fitted on the outside and provided no form of UV, solar-heat or glare protection once degraded.
In addition to its poor appearance, from both inside and outside the school, it partially blocked views from the classrooms, limiting the children’s visual enjoyment of the surrounding greenery within the grounds.
Most importantly, the deterioration of the film may have led to sun-glare and loss of staff and pupil productivity, plus children don’t learn or stay alert for long in overly-heated rooms. More worryingly, health issues such as migraine, fatigue, eye-strain and skin disorders may have been experienced, as a result of limited protection from UV rays.
The Head was looking for a solution that would bring cost-savings and meet health and safety compliance standards. Prism knew that the overall solution needed to be a “best value” purchase and provided advice on which window film may be most suitable.
Prism installed anti-glare window film to the inside of the classroom windows. This type of solar-control film solution provides the following benefits to educational establishments:
- Cuts sun-glare by up-to 85%
- Solar window film is barely noticeable, adding a layer of security to classrooms, halls and gyms
- Cuts out harmful UV sun rays by up to 99%, making classrooms and study rooms cooler
- Insulated window film significantly reduces heat (through reflection), AC and energy costs
- Reduces damage to school furniture and fabric, due to ongoing UV-ray exposure
- Compliance to health and safety guidelines
- Meets climate responsibility and sustainability requirements
In her own words, the school facility manager explains what a difference the updated anti-glare window film has made to the school: “The difference is lighter, brighter classrooms allowing outward vision and improving the wellbeing of the whole school community. We have had very positive feedback from staff, children, visitors and governors.
We would not hesitate to recommend Prism Protection. Installation, completed by skilled staff, took place during the normal school day with very little disturbance. The school’s delivery of security, health and safety has been enhanced through the use of anti-glare window film – a great outcome!”
Why Choose Prism as Your Solar Window Film Company?
To help you choose the right window film for your budget, project or specification, our initial consultation includes discussing which window film is most appropriate to your needs.
We suggest that your window film installation is carried out by one of our professional, qualified Prism installers, to your budget and specification. Find out more about how we work.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- All installations use the worlds-leading window film manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and customer testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.