Located in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, Canada Life Insurance provides an extensive range of financial packages that cater for the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies.
The management team met with Prism to discuss installing protective 7mil safety film to one of the glass lift guards that had suddenly spontaneously shattered. Applying glass security film to the other 3 x lifts within the building would remove the possibility of future spontaneous glass breakage and the threat of injury to customers and staff.
A layer of anti-shatter safety glass film needed to be applied, to protect people using the lift or waiting outside for the lift.
Prism installed glass protection film, so if this were to happen again, the flying glass shards would not put people nearby at the risk of injury. The new anti-shatter film would hold the broken glass together, enabling a glazing contractor to safely remove the glass, which is being held in place by the film, with little or no debris clear up of the surrounding area.
In addition, installing protective film complies with health and safety regulations, when glass is used for lift guards, partitions, windows and doors, within commercial buildings and public-facing establishments.
The installation was conducted in normal working hours, taking just 24 hours from initial order to full completion. We are now satisfied that people using the lift (and those within its proximity) are fully protected and that health and safety regulations continue to be followed.
“I recommend Prism Protection and will continue to use them in the future. Stuart is extremely helpful, professional and does what he can, to provide the service you require when you require it.” – Sacha Skutela, Facilities Manager.
Why Choose Prism as Your Glass Protection Film Company?
To help you choose the right window film for your budget, project or specification, our initial consultation includes discussing which window film is most appropriate to your needs.
We suggest that your window film installation is carried out by one of our professional, qualified Prism installers, to your budget and specification. Find out more about how we work.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combining professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- All installations use the worlds-leading window film manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Are you a building specifier or new build developer / refurbishment company, looking for the right solution for your own client? We can help – contact us to discuss your requirements.
Review our case studies and customer testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.