Located in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Brayleys Renault Mazda contacted Prism to solve urgent issues involving customers feeling unwell and fainting due to exposure to excessive heat and sun-glare in their showrooms, due to the warm weather throughout the summer months.
The well-being of customers and staff, full compliance to health and safety regulations and offering an ambient service experience were all their major concerns. Thankfully, window film provided the answer that addressed (and alleviated) these concerns.
Brayleys management team wanted a solution that would reduce the amount of heat and glare in the showroom, while maintaining the open and airy feel to the sales environment and overall building. Keeping the high-level scenic window view was important, so the priority was the ability to see out, not in.
During the initial consultation, Prism explained a number of window film ideas that could help manage heat control and air conditioning costs, while improving the overall experience for customers and ensuring safety.
It was agreed that the best solution would be to install external Silver 20 OSW external grade solar window film. Research has shown that this film reduces heat gain by 80% and sun-glare by 81%, so a win-win for tackling both concerns.
From an access point of view, the installation was carried out on the external face of the building’s window glass. Taking just two days to complete, during normal working hours, business continued without disruption to customer service, much to the delight of the showrooms’ management team. Prism had delivered on their promise.
The newly-installed solar UV window film has enabled the staff and customers to work within a comfortable area, where the showroom temperature is significantly reduced, while allaying concerns regarding workforce well-being.
The reduction in UV glare and excessive sunlight has meant that:
- Staff no longer suffer from skin problems, head-aches and eye strain, often caused by sun-rays on computer screens
- Window film is aiding health and safety regulation compliance
- Showroom furniture fabric fading has been reduced
In addition, environmentally-friendly window film helps Brayleys’ maintain their climate governance responsibilities by saving energy while reducing ongoing business costs.
Why Choose Prism as Your Solar Window Film Company?
To help you choose the right window film for your budget, project or specification, our initial consultation includes discussing which window film is most appropriate to your needs.
We suggest that your window film installation is carried out by one of our professional, qualified Prism installers, to your budget and specification. Find out more about how we work.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- All installations use the worlds-leading window film manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and customer testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.