Window Film for Building Specifiers, Architects and Facilities Management Companies
Which window film should you choose?
Prism help architects, building specifiers, facilities management companies and building contractors choose the most appropriate window film for the project they are working on. This can be challenging as every specifier has a list of priorities that they must accomplish, when working at the conceptual or design phase.
Different types of project can include:
- New school, college or university property development and extensions
- New commercial premises built within retail parks and shopping precincts
- New residential homes, apartments and property builds
- Commercial renovations or refurbishments
When contacting us, many specifiers already know the benefits that window film offers but need further guidance on which type, category or strength to use for their own commercial clients.
During our initial consultation, we discuss:
- The different types of window film that are available, such as;
- The colour schemes and patterns that are required to match the aesthetics of the commercial building, either internally or externally
- The benefits that they are trying to achieve for their client, such as reducing heat gain or solar glare, one-way privacy or anti-blast protection
- Health and safety compliance and any concerns that they may have
We then discuss the type of decoration and texture that matches the existing window frames, doors, frames and mullions.
Ready to discuss which window film is most appropriate for your project? Contact us.
If you’re ready to set up an appointment for Prism to conduct a free site-survey, we can provide case study examples and a swatch-book of patterns and designs for you to choose from.
Working with Architects
At the beginning of a new or existing commercial property development, when architects are drawing up plans for a commercial building specification, we’re often asked to present our window film suggestions to ensure the correct specification is put into the specifiers’ manual, to match the glass being used with the appropriate window film or manifestation.
Working with Facilities Management Companies (FMC’s)
When working with facilities management companies, we discuss their clients’ needs to determine which window film best addresses their requirements and to set the expectations of what can be achieved. We then speak to the facilities management company to establish if there is a budget and discuss the timescales, which varies depending on whether the requirement is for a new build or an existing property refurbishment.
Prism normally visits the clients’ premises once the specifier has surveyed and established which film is applicable and acceptable. We go to site to test the glass to make sure that window film can be applied safely, as the wrong window film on the wrong type of glass could cause it to crack. We also check that access to windows and the area where work is to be undertaken is free from any obstacles.
Window Film Installation Case Studies
Explore the various projects that Prism have completed, to understand the different types of film available and the benefits that installation will bring your company:
|Commercial Client Case Study||Type of Window Film Installed||Internal or External Film?|
|Canada Life Insurance||7 Mil Safety Security Film||Internal|
|St Johns CoE Primary School||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|The National Audit Office||7 Mil Safety Security film||Internal|
|Vehicle Licence Bureau||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|Playground Games||Sterling 50 Solar Film, Frosted Opaque Film and Graphical Film||Internal|
|John Clements Sports and Community Centre||7 Mil Safety Security Film and External OSW Version||Both|
|Brayley’s Renault Mazda Car Showroom||Silver 20 OSW Solar Film||External|
|Sealed Air||Silver 20 OSW Solar Film||External|
Why Choose Prism as Your Window Film Company?
Prism have worked with a selection of architects, specifiers and facilities management companies including Mitie, Stace, One Facility, Tesco Property, Ashe Construction, Hospitals Trust FM, Help FM and Bowmer and Kirkland.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Why Choose Us?
- A variety of window film ideas and samples, each containing different metals, layers, base layers and adhesives to choose from, to suit every client’s needs
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- Film is used from some of the leading window film manufacturers in the world
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- Applied to existing window glass
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and commercial testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.