Solar & UV Window Film for Commercial Offices
Did you know that huge cost savings can be made from installing solar & UV window film on your window or door glass?
Commercial interior designers have been advocating the use of professional solar film for windows, doors and partitions for many years.
As well as being environmentally friendly and saving energy, UV window film installation allows you to:
- Reduce the heat in your commercial environment throughout the summer
- Reduce the loss of heat throughout the winter
- Reduce the fading of office fabric and furniture
- Reduce UV damage to your staffs skin, such as premature aging
- Increase security by making the glass stronger to deter break ins
- Increase privacy and prevent vision into your property with one way film (during daylight)
- Reduce sun glare on screens and eyes to prevent headaches and eye strain
Save Energy & Reduce Costs with Solar UV Window Film
Protect Office Furniture Fabric & Reduce Sun-Glare by 80%
One of the prime reasons for the fading of your office furniture is ultra violet (UV) rays from the sun. These rays are responsible for almost 40% of the fading of your furniture.
Solar control window film is the most cost effective solution to overheating issues within a building. Depending on the types of film used, we can reduce up to 80% of the solar energy entering your office building through the windows and glass.
Solar window films have an added benefit of reducing the amount of UV coming through the glass by up to 99%. They will also significantly reduce the fading of fabrics and furniture including carpets and reduce the risk of skin burn caused by harmful rays of the sun.
|With Prism Window Film||
|Solar Heat Reduction||72%||57%||58%||49%|
|Heat Loss Reduction||10%||10%||6%||6%|
|Total Solar Energy Rejected||79%||79%||79%||79%|
Health & Safety Compliance
Did you know that Building Regulation 14 from the Workplace Regulations 1992 Act requires employers to ensure that glass within their commercial premises are fully risk assessed and qualifies as “impact-safe” or “safe-breaking” and clearly marked with manifestations. This means every piece of glass in commercial walls, doors, partitions and gates is affected and requires compliance to health and safety regulations.
Item 75 of the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations for solar radiation also states that one of the ways that protection from solar radiation can be achieved is through shading (examples provided) or by using reflective materials, such as anti-reflective glazing, using window film or by upgrading the glazing already installed, although upgrading can be cost-prohibitive compared to film.
Why Choose Prism as Your Window Film Company?
Prism have worked with a selection of architects, specifiers and facilities management companies including Mitie, Stace, One Facility, Tesco Property, Ashe Construction, Hospitals Trust FM, Help FM and Bowmer and Kirkland. We can also help building contractors, architects and specifiers on new builds, renovations and refurbishment projects.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Why Choose Us?
- A variety of window film ideas and samples, each containing different metals, layers, base layers and adhesives to choose from, to suit every client’s needs
- Installed by a fully qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your corporate brand
- Film is used from some of the leading window film manufacturers in the world
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- Applied to existing window glass
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and commercial testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.