Commercial Window Film Company - Hitchin, Herts & UK
To commercial property owners, business offices and retail outlets, the benefits of adding film to windows are largely unknown.
Technical advances in commercial windows have focused almost exclusively on improving glass design and construction, including heat-absorbent tints and insulation, commonly known as “double-glazing”.
But did you know that, although window film has been widely available in this country since the 1970's, commercial film is an energy-saving and affordable alternative to window replacement?
Commercial Film Solutions - perfect for company security, building protection & safety
Prism has been helping businesses solve glass-related issues, since 2005. Installing window film has many uses in commercial properties and retail establishments:
- Safety – Window film includes a shatter-resistant membrane for holding glass together during a breakage. This is important for high-risk accident areas like glass doors, side panels and roofing areas. This is in accordance with workplace health and safety and welfare regulations
- Security - Windows are the weakest and most vulnerable access point for intruders to break into an office or commercial establishment. The function of security window film is to hold the glass in space and act as a preventing agent for any unwanted trespasser
- Bomb blasts and explosions – Blasts and explosions that occur even a distance away from commercial premises have the power to cause injury and damage to staff and customers. The installation of a blast-resistant film will absorb the blast energy and prevent the glass from shattering into razor-sharp pieces
- Manifestation - Workplace health and safety regulations also highlight the need to have large areas of window glazing and glass doors clearly visible and apparent to prevent children and people walking into it. This can be done by printing graphical manifestations and company logos onto the glass
- Privacy – Concerned about strangers or would-be intruders prying into your commercial premises? Privacy window film provides a carved-glass appearance and provides daylight privacy along with uninterrupted views from the inside. Read more about one-way mirror and oblique and blackout film technology
- Health and safety compliance - The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, #14 requires employers to ensure that glass within their commercial premises are fully risk assessed and qualifies as “impact-safe” or “safe-breaking” and clearly marked with manifestations. This means every piece of glass in walls, doors, partitions and gates is affected and requires compliance
Reduce costs with heat-reflective & anti-glare film
Heat – Does your company experience rising heating costs during colder weather? Does your staff complain about high office temperatures during the summer? Window film will help manage heat control, while providing a cost-effective, healthier environment to work in. Read more about why window film is a better option than window blinds.
Solar and UV protection – Window film will lessen the sun’s heat by up-to 80%, unwanted glare by up-to 85% and office furniture fabric fading by 99%. Film can be applied to your property without making your offices dark and provide a natural view from your windows. The perfection option for an energy-saving, environmentally conscious employer
Decorative window film
Commercial decorative window film tint can be fully customised to your unique taste, logo and USP, including:
- Frosted film
- Stained glass film
- Embossed film
- Custom patterned, coloured or printed film
- Company branded film
- Obscure window and glass film
- Graphic wallpaper
- One-way mirror finish
- Vinyl film
- Clear and transparent film
- Etched glass film
- Glazed film
- Opaque and black-out window film
Your #1 choice commercial window film company for supply & fitting
All of our window films can be installed by commercial property owners or fitted by a qualified Prism installer – however for large applications, a professional window film installer is suggested.
We’re committed to becoming the first-choice supplier of window films for companies locally in Hitchin, Hertfordshire and the home counties, as well as across the UK.
With a dedication to delivering the best service, we combine professionalism with top quality advice and experience spanning 22 years.
Why choose us?
• Installed by a fully qualified professional
• Complete manufacturer’s warranty
• Extensive range of window film tints
• Not restricted to 1 manufacturer
• Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
• Long life (up to 20 years)
• Usually installed once only
• “No business disruption” installation
• Typically installed within 1 day (although larger commercial applications may take longer)
• Applied to existing window glass
Find out more about how we work, read our customer testimonials and case studies or get to know more about us. Alternatively, catch up on our latest news, see examples of what we do in our gallery or dive into our FAQ’s and resources sections.
We can also help building contractors, architects and specifiers on new builds, renovations and refurbishment projects.