Window Film Ideas for your Home
When choosing window film for your home or residential property, what are the main questions and considerations you need to think about?
- Are you looking to reduce the heat within your conservatory?
- Are you looking to make your internal or patio glass doors safer and shatter-proof for visually impaired members of your family, pets or younger children?
- Do you need to reduce the Sun’s exposure to your properties rooms and protect the fabric of your furniture?
- Do you need an extra layer of security to protect your home from break-ins and window-smashing intruders?
- Do you need a non-dusty and non-washable alternative to voiles, net curtains and blinds that also allows one-way (inside to out) privacy viewing for your property?
- Are you looking to reduce your day-to-day energy costs?
- Do you wish to keep the heat inside during winter and out during the summer?
Our ‘virtually clear’ solar film reduces heat gain by 45% and ultra-violet (UV) fading by 99% and doesn’t alter the appearance of the windows from outside or inside your home and provides an added form of privacy.
The Benefits of Internal and External Window Film
When choosing which window film best suits the needs of home-owners, internal film offers the best solution for a number of reasons:
- Amount of choices available
- Window film lasts for up to 20 years
- Longer warranty length than external film
- Appearance- internal film will not deteriorate through weather conditions and will last longer
Although external film performs similarly to internal film, the warranty and lifespan of the film is not as long, although this does depend on the film used and the environment it’s installed into.
In certain instances, external solar window film is the preferred option, for when:
- Accessing the inside of a dwelling, where external installation is the only option – such as instances of high roof-lights obstructing access routes
- Choosing the glass type; as the wrong film installed onto the wrong glass internally could cause the glass to fracture - such as laminated glass or wired glass
‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of residential window film installations can be found in our gallery.
Many inferior film products may have the micro-thin metal layer applied in such a way that it might peel away, or the thickness or quality of the metal coating might be unsuitable for your security, safety or privacy requirements. Window film can be coated with a variety of micro-thin layers of aluminium, polyester, gold, platinum, adhesives and inhibitors.
This is how one-way mirror films are constructed:
Videos on How Window Film Helps
Are you looking to add decoration to your windows throughout your home? Our films are available in a number of textures, patterns and colour-schemes, all designed to complement and suite the style, décor and ambience of your home.
An initial chat over the telephone will determine the type of film that best suits your needs and provides the most benefit to your home.
An appointment will then be arranged for a qualified installer to guide you through the process of choosing a film, discuss your options and provide a quotation.
At your appointment they will:
- Conduct a site-survey
- Show you a swatch-book of film samples to choose from
- Answer any questions you may have
A date for installation can then be arranged for a day and time that is most convenient for you.
Why Choose Prism as Window Film Company?
Installation work is completed to the highest standards and projects are completed on time and to an agreed budget.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best service – we do this by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installed by a fully-qualified professional
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- All installations use the worlds-leading window film manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- Flexible approach to installation - out-of-hours and weekend working can be arranged
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
Are you an architect, looking for the best window film solution for your client?
Prism have worked with a selection of architects, specifiers and facilities management companies including Mitie, Stace, One Facility, Tesco Property, Ashe Construction, Hospitals Trust FM, Help FM and Bowmer and Kirkland. See ‘Before’ and ‘After’ examples of our commercial client work here and associated case studies.
Want to know more? Review our residential testimonials to see how we’ve helped other clients benefit from window film. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.