Window Film: Commercial Crime and Theft Prevention
Are your local businesses worried about their offices being broken into by intruders?
Window film provides extra layers of security and safety for the commercial and retail industry, acting as an anti-shatter, protective deterrent against break-ins, corporate theft, burglary and forced entry. Breaking and entering through windows or glass doors can be their quickest route to a company’s assets, IT equipment and confidential information.
Prism works with the Police Force’s Crime Prevention Service (CPS) and other security and Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) companies in the South East, throughout Hertfordshire and Thames Valley and with the Essex Constabulary, to help them advise local commercial enterprises on the many benefits that window film solutions offer to their staff and customers.
The CPS, in conjunction with Neighbourhood Watch, proactively finds and regularly speaks to businesses, to advise them on all aspects of crime prevention, privacy, security, anti-terrorism and health and safety.
Prism helps security advisors become confident in sharing window film solutions by:
- Educating and training crime prevention advisory teams and security firms on how window film can secure building and workplace environments
- Introducing business people, without prior knowledge of window film, to the many advantages that film solutions offer firms financially, environmentally and structurally
- Helping them spot opportunities where window film can offer additional layers of protection in the form of manifestation film applied to windows, doors and internal office partitions
- Showing them, through cost calculations, how window film offers an inexpensive alternative to replacing glass windows, doors and office partitions
- Providing a “no kick-back” commission-free policy ensuring that the advice and help given has integrity at its core
The Prism team then develops ongoing, long-term business relationships with them that are reciprocal in nature, with all parties sharing their expertise for the benefit of local businesses becoming better equipped to protect themselves, their properties and their staff.
Window Film Interest and Applications
Over the last 5 years, online interest in window film solutions has grown by 60% and is considered a key element of commercial buildings maintenance, security and privacy for:
- Shopping outlets
- Clothes stores
- Corporate offices
- Government and public services
Projects can be broken down into a number of specifications, such as:
- Schools, colleges and university building developments and extensions
- Commercial premises extensions within retail parks and shopping precincts
- Commercial renovations and refurbishments
- New-build commercial property developments
Case Studies of Solar Window Film Projects
Explore the various projects that Prism have completed, to understand the different types of film available and the benefits that installation will bring your company:
|Commercial Client Case Study||Type of Window Film Installed||Internal or External Film?|
|St Johns CoE Primary School||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|Vehicle Licence Bureau||Silver 20 Solar Film||Internal|
|Playground Games||Sterling 50 Solar Film, Frosted Opaque Film and Graphical Film||Internal|
|Brayley’s Renault Mazda Car Showroom||Silver 20 Solar Film||External|
|Sealed Air||Silver 20 Solar Film||External|
|Canada Life Insurance||7 Mil Safety Security Film||Internal|
|The National Audit Office||7 Mil Safety Security Film||Internal|
|John Clements Sports and Community Centre||7 Mil Safety Security Film and External OSW Version||
Need Training? Next Steps to Becoming a Prism Partner
- Suggest which window films are most appropriate in specific situations
- Discuss case studies with you, to help you answer questions that you might be asked when advising others
- Guide you through a swatch-book of window film patterns and designs, to give you an idea of the type of fabrics, textures and patterns that are available
Did you know that we advise new-build developers and building specifiers who are looking for the right type of window film for their client? If you have instances where you discuss crime prevention with them, please get us involved – we would be happy to provide specific case studies that were a similar type to their projects.
Useful links for Further Research
- Building Regulations for Security - https://www.securedbydesign.com/guidance/building-regulations
- How secure is your shop? https://www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/shoplifting/how-secure-is-your-shop/
- Retail tagging - https://nbcc.police.uk/news/college-releases-research-into-retail-tagging
- Protect your business - https://www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/business-robbery/protect-your-business/
- Business partnership - https://www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/business-robbery/business-partnerships/
- Public events and safeguarding your business - https://www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/business-robbery/safeguard-business-against-events/
Why Partner with Prism as your Window Film Consultant?
Prism have worked with a selection of architects, specifiers and facilities management companies including Mitie, Stace, One Facility, Tesco Property, Ashe Construction, Hospitals
Trust FM, Help FM and Bowmer and Kirkland.
We’re dedicated to delivering the best training service by combing professionalism, commitment, honesty and transparency, resulting in an advice service that spans 22 years of experience within the window film industry.
Find out more about how we work or review a variety of our commercial case studies.
Prism’s value-added service includes:
- Installations conducted by a fully-qualified professional
- Provision of a long-term manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film styles, patterns, textures and colours to match your clients corporate brand
- The worlds-leading window film manufacturer used throughout our installations
- Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life span - up to 20 years - with “once-only” installation
- ‘No business disruption’ installation including out-of-hours and weekend working
- Typically installed within 1 day, although larger commercial applications may take longer
- Rubbish removal – the environment we work in is left as it was, before we started the work
- Access to mobile window film installation equipment, used for heights inside and outside your premises
Review our case studies and customer testimonials to see how we help other clients in various sectors. To view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots of our corporate project work, visit our commercial gallery. Alternatively, review our blog posts for helpful insights and tips or dive into our commonly-asked FAQ’s and resources sections.