How We Work
From our initial phone call or email, you will experience a very personal service. We’ll discuss exactly how Prism can help you and examine what you have in mind.
Consultation at your home or offices
Once an appointment has been made and confirmed, we will arrive with samples and photos of existing and completed works.
- Survey and measure the work required
- Carry out a glass check to ensure correct film suitability, as installing the wrong type of film to the wrong type of glass could potentially cause the glass to fracture or break
Once your consultation has taken place, a quotation or report is issued.
Once you place your order
When an order has been placed with us, we will contact you to arrange a convenient time and day to carry out the works. We will then contact you again a couple of days beforehand, to confirm time of arrival and the names of Prism’s installation personnel.
Carrying out the work
For conservatories, we re-assure the client not to move furniture as we will do that on the day and put it all back once complete.
For office or commercial environments, we ask that people be made aware of our works, so that files can be moved from window ledges as these can contain confidential or sensitive information. Other than that, we will move desks, if required, as well as filing cabinets and other furniture.
With both residential and commercial installations, we will use dust sheets and covers as required. We also will clean your window frames as well as the glass before installation, giving a complete new window feel once the work is completed.
When work is completed
When our work is complete:
- The team will walk around with you to ensure satisfaction before leaving site
- All furniture is replaced and will ensure that the area is completely clean and tidy to your satisfaction
- We never leave any site untidy and we take all the rubbish with us when we leave
- We provide an aftercare sheet detailing cleaning instructions and drying out details
An invoice is then issued, along with a warranty certificate from the manufacturer which covers the window film and installation. This is insurance backed to give complete peace of mind.
Prism’s Managing Director
“I have been in the window film industry for 28 years, working for manufacturer to supplier to commercial companies, providing many years of expertise along with our installation team who have all been installing for 20 years plus. Although we are considered a small company, we deal with many large clients personally, who know the value of what we offer. We will only ever be interested in providing you with an excellent level of service, unlike many other larger companies who focus more on salespeople’s commissions and moving onto the next job. Try us – you’ll be delighted.”
Your #1 choice for window film supply & fitting
All of our window films can be installed by homeowners or commercial property owners or fitted by a qualified Prism installer.
We’re committed to becoming the first-choice supplier of window films for businesses and homes locally in Hitchin, Hertfordshire and the home counties, as well as across the UK.
With a dedication to delivering the best service, we combine professionalism with top quality advice and experience spanning 22 years.
Why choose us?
- A fully qualified professional to install
- Complete manufacturer’s warranty
- Extensive range of window film tints
- Not restricted to 1 manufacturer
- Maintenance free and easy cleaning – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
- Long life (up to 20 years)
- Usually installed once only
- “No disruption” installation
- Typically installed within 1 day
- Applied to existing glass
Read our customer testimonials and case studies or get to know more about us. Alternatively, catch up on our latest news, see examples of what we do in our gallery or dive into our FAQ’s and resources sections.
We can also help building contractors, architects and specifiers on new builds, renovations and refurbishment projects.