Commercial Window Film Health & Safety Compliance - Hitchin, Herts & UK
Workplace Health Safety and Welfare Regulations (14) are retrospective, meaning that existing glass has to be made safe, or at least have a documented risk assessment in place, with a suitable programme of works. If you’re in any doubt about complying with Health and Safety regulations, Prism Protection can provide your commercial operation with:
- An on-site risk assessment
- Glazing surveys
- Detailed reports and documentation
- Budgetary costs and recommendations for upgrading your retail or office glass, without the disruption of removing your existing glass
We can install a completely clear, safety window film that will bring the existing glass up to the correct standards.
Once we’ve installed the film, we then mark the glass with a safety marking, to show compliance. If large areas of glass also require any manifestation, Prism can help with design, manufacture and installation, to ensure that your staff and visitors are safe within your commercial premises.
Prism Protection is accredited by Safe Contractor.
What are manifestations?
Manifestation is the process of making glass apparent and visible by adding clear markings, so that people do not walk into it and cause themselves serious injury.
Markings added to the glass, such as dots, lines, graphics or logos will then make it compliant.
Glass doors and glazed screens will satisfy Requirements M1 or M2 of “Access into buildings other than dwellings” if:
They are clearly defined with manifestation on the glass at two levels, 850 to 1000 mm and 1400 to 1600 mm above the floor, contrasting visually with the background seen through the glass (both sides from inside and outside) in all lighting conditions:
- Manifestation takes the form of a logo or sign at least 150 mm high (repeated on a glazed screen) or a decorative feature such as a broken lines or continuous bands, at least 50 mm high
- Glazed entrance doors, where adjacent to, or forming part of, a glazed screen, are clearly differentiated from it by the provision of a high contrast strip at the top and on both sides.
- Glass entrance doors, where capable of being held open, are protected by guarding to prevent the leading edge constituting a hazard.
Images or graphics using the manifestation process provide a fast, simple and affordable resolution to legal compliance requirements.
Your #1 choice for window film supply & fitting
All of our window films can be installed by commercial property owners or fitted by a qualified Prism installer – however for large applications, a professional window film installer is suggested.
We’re committed to becoming the first-choice supplier of window films for companies locally in Hitchin, Hertfordshire and the home counties, as well as across the UK.
With a dedication to delivering the best service, we combine professionalism with top quality advice and experience spanning 22 years.
Why choose us?
• Installed by a fully qualified professional
• Complete manufacturer’s warranty
• Extensive range of window film tints
• Not restricted to 1 manufacturer
• Maintenance free and easy to clean – just wipe with a moist sponge or cloth
• Long life (up to 20 years)
• Usually installed once only
• “No business disruption” installation
• Typically installed within 1 day (although larger commercial applications may take longer)
• Applied to existing window glass
Find out more about how we work, read our customer testimonials and case studies or get to know more about us. Alternatively, catch up on our latest news, see examples of what we do in our gallery or dive into our FAQ’s and resources sections.
We can also help building contractors, architects and specifiers on new builds, renovations and refurbishment projects.